Oftentimes, bloggers get lost in the cyber world and forget that they can promote their blog offline. It’s easy to get caught up in social media, commenting on other blogs, and other promoting activities that can be done from your comfy couch. However, there’s a lot you can do in real life to help your blog gain traffic.
- Spread the word to friends and family. Ask them to comment on your blog, share posts, and like your social media accounts. You can also ask friends to guest post or interview them for a post as an added incentive to get them to share.
- Tell others you know who might be interested. If you’re a part of clubs or hobby groups, share with them.
- If you aren’t a part of any hobby groups, create one for local bloggers. Host gatherings so you can all get to know each other. Help each other out with advice or ask questions. You don’t need to see other bloggers as competition!
- Use some “old-fashioned” marketing methods, such creating materials to go with your blog. T-shirts, bumper stickers, pens, calendars, business cards, stickers, etc. can be easy to create, produce, and hand out. Create a QR code (a type of barcode that can be scanned using various smart phone apps) to put on all of your products.
- Put up brochures or fliers on community bulletin boards, such as in coffee shops or on college campuses. Just make sure you get the right permission before slapping it on there!
- Attend conferences or events relevant to your blogging topic. Mingle with other enthusiasts to share via word of mouth.
- Inform any local businesses or attractions that might be the subject of your blog. You can shoot them a quick email with a link, or print it out so they can hang it on the wall of their establishment. Local businesses or events will welcome the free publicity.
- Write for a local newspaper or magazine. Offline publications are a great way to share your expertise, your voice, and your blog!
- Find local podcasts or radio shows. Ask to be a guest! You can get yourself interviewed or share your expertise.
What are some ways that you promote your blog offline?
Cummings, Eric. “9 Ways to Promote Your Blog Offline.” http://www.dailyblogtips.com/9-more-way-to-promote-your-blog-offline/. (4 Nov. 2013).
Ovsyannykov, Igor. “Promote Your Blog Offline: 5 Ways to Use the Real World for Virtual Gain.”http://inspirationfeed.com/articles/blogging/promote-your-blog-offline-5-ways-to-use-the-real-world-for-virtual-gain/. (4 Nov. 2013).