It’s that time of year again! And bloggers are taking advantage of the holidays to help grow their blog. Your audience is suddenly much more interested in Christmas crafts and winter recipes, and they have a lot more downtime during vacations to read your blog. Try some of these blog post ideas to help you write the perfect holiday post!
- Write a list of gift ideas for specific people – gifts for husbands, wives, grandparents, vegetarians, outdoors-y types, cat lovers, readers, etc.
- Put together a list of DIY gift or decoration tutorials.
- Reminisce on some of your favorite Christmas memories. This could be a great #ThrowbackThursday type of post. Include pictures from your childhood.
- Talk about how you work to make the holidays more spiritual or meaningful for your family. The commercial parts of Christmas are fun, but lots of people like to spend this time of year giving back to the needy in their community or turning to their religious beliefs.
- Create a post on how to stay in a budget this holiday season. It’s easy for us to get carried away with buying expensive gifts for our loved ones; if you have a method for keeping yourself from over-spending, share it!
- If you’re going on vacation for the holidays, write a how-to post on how you saved up for the big trip, how to pack for your kids, how to manage children on airplanes or long car drives, the best places to go for the holidays, and more.
- Write a post about your local area and how they celebrate the holidays. Include lists of winter activities, like the best places to see Santa or go ice-skating.
- Gather a list of your favorite charity organizations to donate to. Lots of people like to give back during the holidays, but are also wary of where they should donate; they worry about how much of each dollar actually goes to the cause they care about, or if the money they give actually makes a difference. If you volunteer during the winter, spotlight that organization to give it a boost.
- Tell the readers about your most unique or special traditions.
- Give advice on how you manage the holiday season. How do you decide which family members to visit? How do you stay sane if you have family staying at your house? How do you plan your Christmas dinner?
What kind of posts do you write about during the holiday season? Share in the comments below!